I found a recipe on the BBC website for flapjacks. Here’s how I made them:
- oil, for greasing
- 100g butter, cubed
- 100g golden syrup
- 50g mixed seeds, such as pumpkin, sunflower, linseed and sesame
- 150 g dried fruit (I used raisins and apricots)
- 250g jumbo porridge oats
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together, then add the egg and mix together.
- Add melted butter and golden syrup.
- Pop in a greased tin, press mixture down firmly and bake in the preheated oven for 18–20 minutes, or until golden and lightly browned around the edges.